ACT Skilled Migration Program closed to overseas applicants until July 2017

Canberra residents

This action does not affect Canberra based applicants. You are still able to apply for ACT nomination if you meet the nomination criteria.

Streamlined PhD nominations

This action does not affect ACT PhD alumni living overseas. You are still able to apply for steamlined nomination if you meet the nomination criteria. Email for advice on how to lodge the online application. 

ACT Occupation List will be updated in July 2017

As of 19/04/2017 the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) (which informed the ACT Occupation List) has been replaced by the Short term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL). There has been a removal of 200 occupations from the CSOL in creating the STSOL. A new ACT Occupation list based on the STSOL will be announced in July.

Apply for a student visa

A student visa allows you to study at an Australian educational institution for longer than 3 months, work part time and have access to subsidised Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). If your course is less than 3 months, you can study on a visitor visa.

Before you apply for a visa you first need to be accepted into your chosen course. Once accepted you will receive a letter of offer or electronic Confirmation of Enrolment after which you can lodge your visa application.

To obtain a student visa, you can apply for a student visa directly with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) or you may decide to use an education agent who can assist you with your application and lodge it on your behalf. Agents will charge a fee for their services.